Monday 15 July 2013

What is on my desk?

After seeing a couple of blog posts about "What is in my bag" I thought I would do a wee spin off on this and show everyone in blogging world - what is on my desk!

I am pretty lucky to have my own desk meaning I can try and personalise it throughout the year. (Wait 'til you see it at Christmas).




However in the quieter summer months here is how she looks:

My desk!
 Well this is my desk! It is pretty big actually! I love the way it is situated as it means I can see everyone enter and leave the office space. We share the whole space with a number of different agencies meaning the chat/banter can be really diverse. The only problem I have is that it is not near a window. I love to have loads of light streaming in and unfortunately the windows are just a bit far away.


 These are my lifesavers for my desk. My mug is a Cath Kidston edition which I ordered from Amazon. I had to buy a new one to replace my Glee mug that went through a terrible accident. (i.e I dropped it). I always have hand cream on my desk and at the moment I am using a classic! I love the smell, consistency and the feel good factor that Astral cream gives me! Also I have Nivea Soft Rose Lip balm that helps stops dry lips from all the heating/air conditioning going on in offices!


 And this is where the magic happens! I began this new notebook writing in pencil but I found I was sharpening my pencil every 5 minutes. (I obviously take far too many notes ;/ ) So I resorted back to pen. My screen background is of Shona (in the orange skirt) and I (pink blouse) standing in Salzburg from our Eurotrip last year. This photo reminds me that even when stuff is crap at work there is a whole world out there to be discovered! You might have noticed the wee pumpkin to the right! He has been there since Halloween! I love having wee trinkets on my desk!



This is my desk tidy and trusty Baileys Mug. I was given this (rather large) mug from a lovely lady called Jennifer who left about 8 months ago. She did a sort of auction of all the things she had left in her desk! Everyone was getting pens, paperclips and staples and when she drew this amazing piece of craftmanship out of her desk I could not refuse. I use it to decant sweeties and nuts into but also for soup at lunch time! Amazing!

Here is my cute packed lunch bag and pencil case. My brother bought me the bag for my birthday in January and I tried to match my mug with it after the last one broke. It is an amazing size and I can fit a large tupper ware yoghurts and other snacks in it too! I carry this pencil case everywhere! As we work in schools you always need whiteboard markers, pencils and pens- meaning this is my life saver if  I am teaching!



I hope you enjoy this wee post! I'd love to know what your desk is like at work!

Steph <3

No comments:

Post a Comment