Monday 1 July 2013

Keeping fit....

Hi everyone!

Hope you are doing well!

Today I'd like to share with you my exercise plan that I have been completing over the month of June. Check it
out...



When it comes to exercise I'd like to say that I am quite motivated and I have been going to the gym since January. (Plus I did the bloody Moonwalk read about it here...)

However, in the back of mind I have always known that I need to be doing serious work in order to get "beach fit".

I found out about blogilates when I was scrolling through youtube looking for pilates videos. (Pilates was part of the moonwalk training).

I came across Cassey's video and instantly loved her style and approach to pilates. Cassey also posts regularly on her website, instagram and facebook meaning you feel like part of a community - all reaching for one goal.

I will admit her workouts are tough! I sweat every time I do them (which I thought was only possibly through vigorous cardio). However, she has designed a free beginners workout calender.

Another great thing is that most of Cassey's videos only last about 8-15 mins meaning you can fit it in throughout the day. (Granted she does tell you to do the video as many times before your body gives in - eeek!)

You need no tools for pilates and it works around your own body strength and flexiblity. I have always been slightly put off by other workout videos that show advanced trainers touching the floor with their head and draping their legs around their necks. Cassey tells you that it doesn't matter what level you are and that you should continue at your own pace.

Every month Cassey also develops a calender. This calender is password protected but you can sign up for free to her newsletter that allows you access to the calender. My challenge for July is to complete the calender Cassey designs. It is going to be such hard work!

After nearly a month of pilates I am already noticing a change in my body. My stomach especially! Plus I find myself sitting taller and drawing my stomach in which all helps to maintain a good figure!

I hope this has inspired some of you to either take up pilates/watch Cassey's video/or get fit. Let me know in the comments how you keep fit.

Thanks,
Steph <3

No comments:

Post a Comment