Wednesday 19 June 2013

Top 5 places in Fife

I love love love Fife. It is one of the most diverse counties (I'm slightly bias)! Fife tends to get quite a bad reputation. I'm not denying that there is some deprevation here and there but I want to share my top 5 places with you....



1) Dunfermline.
I have grown up with "the town" on my door step. I also love the Glen and the Abbey it is a great place to have a walk about or take a picnic. Recently, the town centre, it has gone under an amazing transformation bringing with it some great shops and bars.
My favourite shop is Maggies Farm. A vintage and cool vibe can be found here and I always feel welcome in Laurissa's store.

Dunfermline Abbey

2) AberdourAberdour is a cutesy wee village about 4 miles from where I live. I am in love with it! Not only does it boast one of the best beaches in Scotland it also offers a historical element with its castle ruins. I will live here one day.

Silver Sands Beach

3) FalklandAnother one of my favourite places to visit. I am still to visit the palace that resides in the middle of the village. There are numerous crafty local stores making it a paradise for picking up unusal gifts.

Falkland Palace

4) St. Andrews
A top favourite of anyone who lives in Fife. The beaches are amazing, the ice- cream is amazing and the shops are pretty good too. My favourite place in St. Andrews is the cute cinema they have called New Cinema Picture House.


5) My House...Inverkeithing
To be fair there is not a lot going on in Inverkeithing. Of course, not a lot needs to happen when you live 10 minutes from Dunfermline and a 30 minute train ride to Edinburgh. Inverkeithing does have its annual treats with the Highland Games and Lammas Fair rolling around on the first weekend of August. You do get some awesome views of the two bridges living here too!
I have lived in Inverkeithing my whole life and only moved away briefly to Dundee. I love that the community hasn't changed too much since I've been away and life carries on as normal! It is pretty great!

Where are your favourite places near to where you grew up? Let me know in the comments.

Steph <3

No comments:

Post a Comment