Monday 3 June 2013

Busy Busy!

The last couple of weeks have been super busy!

As some of you might know I have been training for the Moonwalk 2013 in Edinburgh.
The Moonwalk is a great event which helps to raise money for research into Breast Cancer. Women and Men can both enter however you MUST wear a bra for the event. You can compete in the Half Moon 13 miles or Full Moon 26.2 miles....OUCH! For more info check out here

I am taking part in the Full Moon
and training has been going well! I've only suffered 2 blisters at the moment and treated myself to a lovely pedicure this weekend at Jill Carter Beauty Boutique Check out their Facebook Page. The treatment was amazing and my feet were so super smooth! I'll definitely be going back for a pre-holiday treatment.

The BF also treated us to tickets to see Jimmy Carr at the Alhambra in Dunfermline. This venue is very up and coming and it is great to see such big stars coming to Dunfermline. Our seats were in the upper circle but we could see the stage very clearly. One disadvantage with being in the upper circle is that the seats are very cramped together meaning a lot of shuffling about if others need to get in and out. Also, we had two "hecklers" next to us the whole time which wasn't great. However on the positive side Mr Carr was brilliant even managing to stage his own sitcom towards the end of the show. His comedy is particularly clever and you have to keep up with his sassy comebacks towards the audience. For more information in shows at the Alhambra click here

The great thing about the Alhambra bringing in big shows is that Dunfermline has a unique buzz about it. The restaurants are full along with the pubs and bars bringing a great atmosphere to the place. Two places I have dined out recently have been Grill 48 and Luigis. Grill 48 is recently new to Dunfermline and serves steak, burgers and other meaty delights with some Scottish twists. The BF had Haggis Nachos for starters whilst I stuck with a classic Mushroom Brushetta. For mains, the BF had Spicy Chilli Con Carne and I stuck with a Classic Cheeseburger. The portions were substantial and we also shared a bottle of wine!

Last Friday I met up with my two friends and we decided to have something to eat at Luigis. Luigis has been about for as long as I can remember. A classic Italian family restaurant that caters for couples and large family dinners. The staff who work here are incredible and really do look after you. I would recommend booking a table in advance if you are looking for a Friday or Saturday night as the restaurant  is quite small and fills up quickly. My favourite is the Calzone and even the menu describes it as "very special".

Enjoy the rest of your week...
Steph <3

No comments:

Post a Comment