Friday 14 June 2013

Halfway through the year

So here we are in the middle of June.

How the hell did that happen? I'm pretty sure I was still wearing my penguin Christmas jumper 2 weeks ago. :P ;)

At the beginning of January I set myself the challenge of creating New Years Resolutions. To be fair I try to choose 1 every year but it never seems to work out. So this post is an "update" shall we say on my resolutions for 2013.

1) Start a bucket list for when I reach 30.

Many people were horrified by this as they thought my life was ending at 30. That definitely wasn't what I meant. 30 is still a major milestone and I thought seeing as it is 8 years away a list would be something good to work towards. I have 2 items on the list so far but I don't think I will disclose them just yet.

2) Read 30 books this year.

I'm doing pretty good at this. Just about to finish book 12. Some books have been really enjoyable others have been hard going. I'm a really quick reader so I should manage this by December fingers crossed. Favourite book: Battle Hymn of the Tiger Mother by Amy Chua. Least Favourite: Great Gatsby F. Scott Fitzgerald (sorry)!! Film is amazing though.


 

 

 



 
3) Join a gym and go twice a week.

Well I did join the gym and managed to go 2/3 times a week. Then I decided to do the Moonwalk so that kinda went out the window. However racking up 16 miles every weekend probably did me no harm either. Now that it is over I am back to the gym and also taking up Blogilates by Cassey Ho. I'll be blogging my views in the next week or so.

4) Master my sewing machine and make 10 projects from this.

The sewing machine has been my nemesis for quite a while now. I really struggled with the technical side of it and had to buy 4 books! However I found watching youtube videos to be more helpful. I've created three projects on it. Photos below:


5) Delete people of Facebook who I wouldn't cross the street to speak too.

Facebook was a big part of my life from 2008 as this was when I first started university. Recently, I've noticed it has been full of people that I don't speak or rather don't want to speak to. So the cull came. People might find this a pretty petty resolution but actually it helped me focus on who I really communicated with in the world.

6) Get a beauty regime and stick to it!

I've always been really lucky with my skin throughout my teens but I thought it was time to start looking after it a lot more. I had a facial at the beginning of January as a treat for my birthday and was given great advice by the beautician there. She analysed by skin and suggested products for me to use depending on my lifestyle. I now use Elemis products and have yet to find fault with them yet.

Here is my routine:
Morning:
 
  • Shower, no products used on my face just warm water to wake me up.
  • After drying myself off I use a normal everyday baby wipe to refresh by skin. At the moment I am using Superdrug baby wipes.
  • I then use my Elemis cleanser called Rehydrating Rosepetal Cleanser. I dab about two pumps onto my fingers then massage into my skin around my cheeks, chin, forehead and neck. I then use a cotton pad to wipe the excess moisture off my face.
  • I then use my Elemis toner called Soothing Apricot Toner. I spray about 3 or 4 times onto a dry clean cotton pad and use this all around my face. This has an amazing smell! You should try it.
  • Finally I then moisturise with Elemis Maximum Moisture Day Cream. This stuff is pretty amazing. I don't use too much but concentrate around my face where it is really dry. (Mainly my cheeks and forehead)

Night time:
  • Same routine as morning but I sometimes have to cleanse twice to get my make-up off. I switch moisturiser too opting for a thicker one at night time. I use Nivea Soft Moisturising Cream.
 
7) My final resolution was to start a journal. I have always been impressed by people who manage to keep diaries all their lives. Although my journal started out as a handwritten thing I feel it has now evolved to this cute blog. I have more determination to update my blog than my journal so I feel that it still counts.
 
 
Thanks for reading! Do any of you have New Years Resolutions you are still sticking too? Let me know in the comments.
 
Steph <3

No comments:

Post a Comment